Aluminium profiles and tubes
- The tube is the connecting part between engine unit and gear unit. Inside the tube there is a driveshaft with bushings or a liner.
- The runout demand is from 0.5mm to 1.8mm (depending on the length of the tube).
- Tubesplit test is required for both welded and extruded tubes. This is for testing the strength of the weld line or the extruded tube.
Dimension, Weight and Material
- Diameter from 24mm up to 42mm. General material thickness is 1,5-2mm.
- Example of material for tubes is Al alloy 5086H18, SIS 4212-06
- Example of surface treatment is anodized 5-10µm.
- Extruded or welded aluminum tubes.
- In some cases the burrs of the weld have to be removed and tube brushed internally.
- There is demand for fine cutting on extruded tubes, burr max 0.2mm.