Aluminium raw material
- For cold-chamber die casting, EN AC-46000, modified
- The products shall be reasonably free from dross, corrosion, scale or salt inclusions, grease or any other foreign bodies, including paint apart from what is approved for marking purposes, to a degree which does not affect melt quality and/or recovery. The products shall be inspected visually.
Dimension, Weight and Material
- Ingots shall be in the form of notched bar or waffle plates up to 8 kg.
- The tolerances of the unit masses, the dimensions and the dimensional tolerances of the products shall be defined by agreement between supplier and purchaser at the time of ordering.
- Ingots shall be stacked in bundles with or without a pallet in such a manner as to give a secure package. Each bundle of ingots shall be clearly marked with the producer identification, the designation of the alloy, the melt number(s) traceable to production data and the mass of the bundle.