Supplier Sustainability Questions
Husqvarna is committed to working with its suppliers to achieve Husqvarna’s Code of Conduct and Environmental Policy. Participating in the Supplier Sustainability Declaration (SSD) is a way for the supplier to contribute to this goal.
The following questions are a part of Husqvarna’s Supplier Sustainability Declaration.
Code of Conduct
1. Has the supplier access to, read and has agreed to fully comply with the Husqvarna Group’s Code of Conduct by signing it as part of a contract?
2. Does the supplier have any documented social and environmental requirements on Sub-tier suppliers and does the supplier have a routine to regularly evaluate the compliance with these requirements?
3. Does the supplier operate a reporting system where violations of laws, or codes of conduct, can be reported to your legal department, internal audit department, audit committee, board of directors or similar?
4. Does the supplier operate a control system which enables the supplier to prohibit conflicts of interest between employees and customers, and act upon any conflicts of interest?
5. Does the supplier have a documented non-discrimination policy?
6. Does the supplier have structured, standardized and documented employment processes, and do all employees receive their employment terms and conditions?
7. Does the supplier have documented routines for cooperation with unions, workers clubs etc, and for collective bargaining? Are employees free to take part in these processes or to refrain from doing so?
8. Does the supplier have a documented routine for identification of employees which guarantees no employee is under the age of 15 or the lawful working age if this is higher?
9. Does the supplier have a documented policy against the use of slavery, debt bonded and all other kinds of forced and compulsory labor, e.g. the collection of personal documents such as passports to withhold them?
10. Do all of the supplier's employees working in hazardous environments regularly receive appropriate information, training and safety equipment to conduct their work in a safe way?
11. Does the supplier have an Environmental Management System according to ISO 14001 or EMAS covering all relevant activities e.g. product planning & development, production and purchasing?
12. Have the supplier adopted an environmental policy, environmental objectives and action plans for the reduction of their environmental impact?
13. Does the supplier have a documented environmental organizational chart including appointing persons responsible for environmental matters?
14. Have the supplier received any complaints, received claims for or paid any fines, regarding the mission of fulfillment of the legal environmental demands from the regional or local environmental authorities?
15. Does the supplier have a policy to conduct and update a environmental risk assessments regularly and develop action plans, if needed?
16. Does the supplier maintain a contingency plan in case of unexpected events, (e.g. do the supplier have fire extinguishers, a sprinkler system and decontaminating agents)?
17. Does the supplier have written procedures for use, storage and disposal for hazardous chemicals and hazardous waste?
18. Does the supplier have a routine for not using hazardous packing material and recycling system for packing material?
19. Does the supplier have knowledge about the restricted Material List (RML) and take the RML into consideration when delivering products to Husqvarna?
20. Does the supplier respond on request to questions about REACH, Restricted Material List and Material Declaration?