Wires & Cables for grass trimmers / brush cutters
For our grass trimmers and brush cutters we mostly use joint mechanical control cables and electrical wires. These two different types are assembled in a plastic tube into a complete cable package that arrives at Husqvarna fully assembled. If you are interested in supplying for this particular line of products you should therefore be able to provide overall responsibility for our joint cable packages.
- Conduct relatively low currents and withstand relatively low voltage. (Wire size = 0.5 mm²-1.5 mm²). Does not apply to cable for ignition module.
- Connect and ground to a number of different simple blade terminals 2.8-6.3 x 0.5-0.8, alt a number of different ring tongues with fitting (M3-M8).
- The cable should attach easily to various plastic clips.
- Transmission between the throttle trigger in the handle, (rear handle for trimmers, right handle for brushcutters), and the throttle valve of the carburetor.
- Withstand tough testing for wear and fatigue.
- Demands for very high flexibility in both cold and warm surroundings (Conductor with min 30 strands).
- Tough demands concerning the ability to withstand fuel and oil.
- Very tough demands on high ability to withstand wearing and fatigue both on the cable cover and on crimp parts, isolation crimps etc., since the application is subjected to very high vibrations.
- Demands on halogen free material.
- Must withstand UV-light.
- High tensile strength for the die-cast nipples.
- Free wire length (length of stroke) with tight tolerance
- Plastic conduit length with tight tolerance
Dimension, Weight and Material
- Cables (most often double): Wire size = 0.5 mm²-1.5 mm², Copper.
- Blade terminals: 2.8-6.3 x 0.5-0.8, Brass, Phosphor-bronze, Steel, Nickel-, tin plated.
- Most fitting for ring tongues: M3-M8.
- Cable length: Approx. up to 1300 mm.
- Isolation material: Halogen free, highly flexible materials according to mentioned demands, outside diameter 1.5-2.5 mm.
- Stainless steel wire coating and die-cast nipples of zinc: Diameter 0.7-1.0 mm, Length up to 1200 mm
- Plastic conduit made of PA6.6, PA11, PTFE or glass fibre reinforced PTFE: Diameter 3.0-4.0 mm, Length 90-1000 mm
- Automatic application of connectors with crimp control.
- The possibility for application (automatic preferred) of heat shrinks.
- Full quality control concerning crimping.
- The possibility to deliver complete units with soldering, assembly/connecting, in moulding parts of cables in plastic, semi stripped, etc.
- The possibility to (using our specification) supply other electrical components such as electrical foil element, flat conductor technology, switches, connectors, special connectors and to assemble these to complete cable harnesses.
- Possibility to deliver other conduits, for instance close-lapped steel conduit.
- Quality control of free wire length by measuring with load.